NJAA utilizes Foster Systems Astro Alert Weather Monitoring System that provides our members and community with the following weather related data at the observatory.
– Precipitation (rain or snow) detection.
– Ambient light awareness (Day, Dim, Darkness pending).
– Ambient outside temperature/humidity/dew point.
– Anemometer to measure wind speed.
– Infrared sky temperature measurement, which is the most reliable measure of impending precipitation. When clouds gather the sky temperature rises, indicating rain may not be far behind.
The Clear Sky Chart Below is written and maintained by Software / Web developer
Take this link too learn how to interpret the chart.